Based in Chicago, IL
April 3, 2017
Press / Business contact:
24020 S. Bay to Bay Blvd.
Manhattan IL, 60442
Our Big Idea
Running Alone Sucks. At CHARGE, we're here to make sure you never have to run alone again.
CHARGE, a new fitness app for iPhone and Apple Watch, combines the boutique fitness class experience with the personalization of a skilled trainer and accountability of a partner to help runners stay motivated and meet their fitness goals. Available on the App Store NOW!
For $9.99 a month CHARGE subscribers will benefit from:
- Unlimited access to classes ranging from interval, tempo to recovery
- Live feedback from your choice of world-class trainers
- Multiple LIVE runs a day to choose from
- Our World-class LIVE Leaderboard, where you can compete against others and yourself!
- A group chat allowing you to communicate with other runners
- Stats about all of your runs, showing you where you rank amongst the crowd.
Our StoryEarly history
For many people, running isn’t just an exercise form, it’s a way of life. However, training solo can prove to be a lonely and tedious hobby. At race time, many runners feel a “high” from participating in something larger than themselves. This concept inspired our founders to recreate this fitness experience in a more accessible way.So...
We got building. We hired one of the best UI/UX designers in Chicago and tested a variety of audio solutions before we came up with something that met our standards. We started recruiting trainers, but only the best talent. We worked with over 50 beta testers to modify and adapt our program to create the perfect experience. Some of them loved it so much they decided to become brand ambassadors. The results were fantastic. (Check out some of the quotes below.)...And finally
We had something to be proud of. We created a brand that’s infused with a sense of welcoming and community. Our signature logo, the Bend, represents a runner’s shoe in motion, built with support and weathered with each accomplishment and goal achieved.
At CHARGE, we have redefined running to align with our human instincts to connect and compete. Join a live class with dozens of other people, run with your friends from anywhere in the country, or get competitive and join a race - because as we all know running alone sucks!
Our goal is to build a story that goes beyond our product and our team. We want our story to be about you, the goals you set, and the differences you can make. CHARGE is breaking the rules and changing the game, and it starts and ends with you.
App Trailer Vimeo
Commerical - What Kind of Run? Vimeo
Commerical - Running with Friends YouTube
There are far more images available for CHARGE Running, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
- "Rory Justin" - Lead Trainer - US Special Operations - High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) Speciality
- "Julie Lynn" - Fun personality combined with "Tough Love" - Weight Loss Speciality
- "Levi Kane" - Nicknamed One-Legged-Levi, Levi is the fastest 5k amputee on the planet.
- "New Apps We Love"
- Apple, Apple.com
- "#1 App of the Week"
- Joel Mathis, MacWorld
- "A new take on running"
- Cody Lee, iDownloadBlog
- "I pushed myself way harder than I would've on my own, and I felt great."
- Sarah W, CHARGE User,
- "“I haven’t run since high school because I hate running alone. This is awesome!"
- Sophia R, CHARGE User,
- "Now that I know this idea exists, I will never workout without it."
- Colin, CHARGE Early Adopter Demo User,
- "I forgot I was ever running! This run made my 25 minute run felt like it was 5 minutes!"
- Anna, CHARGE Early Adopter Demo User,
- "This is running."
- Ari Mosca, CHARGE Early Adopter Demo User & Brand Ambassador,
- "Very unique experience that pushes you harder than you would run otherwise"
- CHARGE Early Adopter Demo User,
App Store Link
CHARGE Running Launched on April 3rd! itunes.apple.com.
Founder & CEO, Charge
Founder, Lead Trainer
Marketing / PR